As it says in my “About Me” tab, I’m a Christ follower and father of four boys, so life, especially in the summer time, is busy. I think I’ve spent more time in the northeast part of the state the last two weeks than I have at home. Between camping with our family and my wife’s family, and heading up to a retreat with some of the other leaders from our church I haven’t been able to spend a lot of time getting the garden ready for the fall.
So this week is going to be a MAJOR BLITZ of activity. It’s going to involve:
– mapping out the new raised beds
– acquiring wood for the new beds and wall units
– assembling the beds and wall units
– purchasing some compost for the current garden to amend a few key spots
– cleaning out the chicken run and worming the chickens
****bonus activity**** getting the sandy loam delivered, amended, and put into the beds
It sounds kind of crazy, but all of this needs to happen in the next week and a half.
(insert maniacal laughter here)