It’s gone. After a couple of days of not wasting any more water on it, we pulled it out. I hate it when a crop doesn’t turn out. We yanked and pulled and in the end we took shovels to it.
I have to say, it wasn’t exactly easy. My three oldest boys came out with me to help. I never have a shortage of helpers when it comes to demo in the garden.
There were a couple of very sparse ears, that had… something going on. Not full ears, but nearly. They were few and far between and didn’t take well to being starved of water the last couple of days.
Those ones were a lot more rare than ones like this that… well, I don’t even know what to say about this.
Needless to say, I have not figured it out yet when it comes to corn. I have a plan, should I choose to follow it, for next year. We’ll see…